Your primary role:
As Customs Manager Belgium you will report to the Benelux Customs manager. The Customs Manager supports, guides and audits customs staff in the daily functions. Customs staff for Belgium operations consists of Customs supervisor and Customs employees
· Establish policies for Customs in conformity with DPDHL Corporate Customs compliance policies and EU and National legislation.
· Audit operations; analyze and advice for improvement within the Central Customs team; sites and BU’s
· Implement current and new legislation and company requirements to ensure effective compliance
- Stay up to date with Customs law & legislation, (Tax/Excise).
- Responsible for Customs handling within Benelux for “own sites” customers as well as support of colleagues within Benelux (Sites/Campus)
- Support Business and Account development towards Customers on complex Customs compliance Tax and Excise solutions.
- Provide our Customers with the Best Customs solution possible
· Risk management.
- Organize training for Customs staff on Site/BU/MT.
- Training of driver’s reception, specifically administrative employees who can be involved in Customs procedures and/or documentation, etc.
- Adjust the Customs Compliance Dashboard.
- Customs compliance audits on sites within Benelux.
- Customs quick scans on sites within Benelux.
- Setup and manage improvement plans.